Saturday, October 20, 2012

The Final Trimester Begins

Third trimester already?! I can hardly believe it! This all still feels so surreal at times. But my boy is still happily bouncing around in there, so I have enough moments of it feeling real. I'm getting so excited for our little coffee bean to be here!
Technically, according to my husband, my third trimester began several days ago (by dividing 40 weeks equally in three means that there are 13.33 weeks per trimester, so my second trimester ended after about 26 weeks and 5 days - so, like, Thurs, Oct. 11th?). I suppose it doesn't matter too much. I'm not on a deadline, just waiting for this little guy to be done cookin' in there :)

Guess I started things off on the wrong foot, because on Thursday, I failed my initial glucose screening! So, I get to go suffer through the the hour glucose tolerance test. I remember doing that when I was a kid, and they were diagnosing my hypoglycemia. Not a fan. Add morning sickness to the mix (yes, I'm still not over that!), and it's sure to be a fun adventure.


We had fun over the weekend - Took my maternity pictures down at The Grotto on Saturday. I think there are some really cute ones! Post coming soon! Then we got to talk w/ Millie and Ruben in Holland on Sunday via Skype. Ira is getting so big, and he is such a happy baby! Thanks for all the advice guys!

We're still sick, going on 2 weeks now :( Hopefully we can shake this soon. I really don't want to be sick the rest of my pregnancy, which is what I hear happens about the third trimester if you get sick...time to up the tea consumption!

No comments: