Sunday, October 26, 2008

IBS Blues


It's my last week of being 24. I will soon be turning a quarter of a century. Kinda creepy. Well, what have I been doing with myself? Detoxing. Not fun at all :(

Last week we went to see the GI doctor. He said he thinks, in addition to Celiac Disease, I also have IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome). So, to calm my system down, the first thing I get to do in starting the IBS diet is to detox. For the last 48 hours, all I have eaten are plain white soluble fibers, ie breads (gluten free of course), potatoes, rice...and that's it. Oh, and LOTS of water. And fiber supplements.
Yeah, it's only been a couple days, and I only have a couple more to go...but I have felt each and every minute of it. I'm starving, as are my tastebuds. I am so excited to savor the flavor of olive oil, I've been dreaming about it!

In other news, Luke recently got the new Guitar Hero World Tour, and spent half the night playing it last night. Other than wanting to smash the drumset, he's really enjoying it :) and so am I........

No comments: