Thursday, July 26, 2012

Pregnancy Q&A


Fun little pregnancy survey that I came across the other day:

Your name?
Stephanie

Baby's fathers name?
Luke

Are you still with him?
Of course ;)

Were you trying to get pregnant?
Yes…first try! We thought it would take a lot longer lol.

When did you find out?
May 10th 2012

Where did you find out?
In the downstairs bathroom

How far along were you?
About 4 weeks along (LMP)

What was your reaction?
Giddy! I was pretty sure I was pregnant, as I’d been tracking my cycles, and knew I was off. It was very surreal.

Who was the first person you told?
Luke

How did you tell the father?
He was still asleep. I got back in bed w/ him, and woke him up. I told him I cheated and took the test early (even though I had told him I was going to wait a couple more days). He asked me if I passed, and I said “Definitely!”

What was his reaction?
He was pretty shocked and wanted to check the actual test. I showed it to him. Then we just sat in bed talking and trying not to freak out!

When is your due date?
January 12, 2013

Have you had any morning sickness?
Still do (almost 16 weeks along). It’s been pretty intense :(

What are your fears?
Having a healthy baby, having complications. Taking the diabetes test. Labor.

What are you most happy about?
I am so ready to be a mom!

Do you want a boy or girl?
I think I slightly want a boy more, but a girl would be so fun to accessorize (haha!).

What does the father want – boy or girl?
A boy, of course (but he’s also excited either way!).

Do you know what you’re having?
Not yet...we find out next week.

Do you have a name picked out?
We have been tossing around a few, but haven’t made any decisions.

How much weight have you gained?
2 lbs (still not gaining b/c of morning sickness, but the doc says my uterus is growing at a normal rate. She says I’ll probably catch up in the next few weeks. I am however several inches bigger around the belly and hips).

Have you felt the baby move?
I don’t know…maybe? *wishful thinking*

Do you plan on a natural or medicated birth?
My plan is to go as natural as I can, but I’m not ruling out medications if I feel I need them.

Are you scared about labor?
Trying not to be. I’m anxious to start my birthing classes, which I think will help me overcome the fear.

What do you think will be the worst part of labor?
I really don’t want to have a super long delivery. I don’t want them to tell me my baby is too big to come out of my body (grow, hips, grow!).

Who will be in the delivery room?
My DO, my husband, and probably my mom.

Are you having the birth videotaped?
Probably not. I’d be okay with pics though.

Do you think you will cry when you see the baby for the first time?
I’m sure I will :)

What do you think the fathers reaction to the baby will be?
I think he’ll be very calm and collected, making sure everyone is healthy and taken care of. Then I think he’s gonna be in awe (I’m sure we both will!).

How do you think family and friends will feel?
Excited! They’ve waited a long time for this (9 years!). 

No comments: